Re: XHTML Test Suite Minimal document

At 16:32 -0800 13/12/00, Ian Hickson wrote:
>On Wed, 13 Dec 2000, Shane P. McCarron wrote:
>
>>  At ApTest, our position is that you specify all assertions in the
>>  specification for the test, even if some are marked as class B
>>  (untestable) or class D (optional and untestable). Those just get left
>>  out of test sessions when they are created.
>
>Sure, I'm not saying you don't want to list them when you are planning
>your test suite. Just that they won't actually end up being tested.

Mmmm.
Maybe it will be good to have a three choice alternatives.
	Passed
	Failed
	N/A (Not Applicable). In the Open Group test suite, you have
skip, but you don't know why: if it's N/A or if I just want to skip.
	I think a comment form for each test is good too. It will
give the possibility for the tester to give feedback and keep trace
of the tests.

	We can imagine also that these comments are recorded in a CVS
respository. It will permit to come back on one test. So you have the
test suite and a recording tool of your actions, progress, etc.
--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
           http://www.w3.org/

      --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---