Re: [Moderator Action] HTML validation, testing, schemas, and stuff

From: Karl Dubost <Karl@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2000 20:26:03 +0200 (MET DST)
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
cc: www-html-testsuite@w3.org
Thanks Dan,

I explore a lot the stuff at MarkUp/Test/, I tried to understand and
figure out. I didn't touch anything. I think it's better to put the new
test-suite at /MarkUp/Test/ for consistency with SVG and CSS.

With your experience and if you have time I will be very interested to
hear a little more about the work you've done and the difficulties you
met during this work.

>"Deliverables
>
>Profiles and test suites for document types that
>        combine XHTML with other W3C specifications,
>        for instance, Math, SMIL Boston, XForms, etc.
>        This work will be restricted in scope and done in
>        cooperation with other W3C working groups
>        leveraging test suites developed by these groups"

It's an absolute necessity that all WG adopt the release of a test
suites. I have strong contact with NIST and we have tried to coordinate
ouyr work, I will meet us at Paris in september and at Gaithersburg, MD
in november.

Thanks for the information, I will take a look.

--
Karl Dubost / W3C - Conformance Manager
          http://www.w3.org/

     --- Be Strict To Be Cool! ---