Re: Can you spider only portions of a web page?

From: David Latapie <david@empyree.org>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 2010 15:01:59 +0100
To: eric@globalhemp.com
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
2010/3/11 Eric Pollitt <eric@globalhemp.com>:
> It has been 7 years since I submitted this question and the
> answer, or solution, will be provided with HTML 5. That is a
> very long time for an idea to see the light of day.

I have some proposals which are *almost* as old (like caption for lists).

> <article>Spider me only, I'm the content!</article>
> <aside>right column repetitive "junk"</aside>
> <footer></footer>

Interesting, but shouldn't spidering RSS a better idea, since you are
talking about CMS?

Plus, I myself see <aside> as a tag for footnotes.

The official spec for aside is still too vague and seems to allow both
your and my vision.

http://www.whatwg.org/specs/web-apps/current-work/multipage/sections.html#the-aside-element

--
</david_latapie>