OWL-WG comment on CURIE

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2009 17:29:33 -0400
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
cc: bparsia@cs.man.ac.uk, team-owl-chairs@w3.org

This is a minimalist comment on your "CURIE Syntax 1.0" Candidate
Recommendation of 16 January [1].

The message is simply that the OWL Working Group has chosen [2] to use
its own IRI abbreviation mechanism (intended to be identical to the one
used in SPARQL), instead of using CURIEs.

Unfortunately, we don't have the resources to produce for you a detailed
review, discussed and approved by the Working Group.  One member of the
group (Bijan Parsia) has agreed to convey in a separate message his
personal understanding of the issues, and we hope that will be helpful
and sufficient.

      -- Sandro Hawke (OWL-WG Staff Contact), on behalf of OWL WG

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-curie-20090116/
[2] http://www.w3.org/2007/OWL/meeting/2009-03-25#resolution_3