Re: Error in XHTML 1.0 Second Edition Specification (C.14)

From: Dustin Boyd <rpgfan3233@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Dec 2007 09:28:36 -0600
To: Daniele Nicotra <daniele.nicotra@gmail.com>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

Daniele Nicotra wrote:
> So what does this mean?
> Should I remove the "Valid XHTML 1.1" icon or I should remove all my
> VALID id attributes from <style> tag otherwise my pages will be
> considered not valid (even if they REALLY are) by w3c online
> validator?

The icons only illustrate that the page on which they are present
complies with their relevant specifications. After all, the markup
validator is only a tool, not a test for absolute truth. I'm sure that
at this point, you understand that even in the best of tools are bugs
waiting to be found. With that said, I think you should leave them. You
know that your pages are valid, even if the markup validator doesn't
agree. Also I'm unsure of the number of people that actually care to
check every page she/he runs across to ensure that the page really is
valid as the icon on the page shows.