Re: Comment on XML 2 Events

From: Richard Schwerdtfeger <schwer@us.ibm.com>
Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 15:46:44 -0600
To: Mark Birbeck <mark.birbeck@x-port.net>
Cc: public-xhtml2@w3.org, www-html-editor@w3.org

Hi Mark,

Not the same. purpose is just the description. When providing the
information to an assistive technology we can enumerate the named actions.

Rich

Rich Schwerdtfeger
Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review  Board
blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

             Mark Birbeck
             <mark.birbeck@x-p
             ort.net>                                                   To
                                       Richard
             11/11/2007 03:26          Schwerdtfeger/Austin/IBM@IBMUS
                                       public-xhtml2@w3.org,
                                       www-html-editor@w3.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: Comment on XML 2 Events

Hi Rich,

Are you sure it wasn't consciously dropped in favour of @role? It's
the kind of thing we'd do. :)

Regards,

Mark

--
   Mark Birbeck, formsPlayer

   mark.birbeck@formsPlayer.com | +44 (0) 20 7689 9232

   standards. innovation.

On 9 Nov 2007, at 20:32, Richard Schwerdtfeger wrote:

> The <purpose> element was dropped from actions in the XML Events 2
> specification. If you recall we had a purpose element as a child of
> the old handler element which is now called <action>. We need
> purpose to be a child of this.
>
> <purpose> would contain text describing the purpose of the action
> which could be supported by a platform accessibility api to list
> the actions that can beformed on a document object.
>
> I would request that this be added.
>
> Rich
>
> Rich Schwerdtfeger
> Distinguished Engineer, SWG Accessibility Architect/Strategist
> Chair, IBM Accessibility Architecture Review Board
> blog: http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/blogs/page/schwer

graycol.gif
(image/gif attachment: graycol.gif)

pic20427.gif