Fwd: Re: Status XHTML2 WG

------- Forwarded message -------
From: "Chris Lilley" <chris@w3.org>
To: "Steven Pemberton" <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Cc: HCG <w3c-html-cg@w3.org>
Subject: Re: Status XHTML2 WG
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 14:41:56 +0200

On Friday, July 20, 2007, 2:10:05 PM, Steven wrote:

SP> The WG has resolved to go to last call with the XHTML Role Module.
SP> This will happen after the holiday period, in 3-4 weeks. It is a very
SP> short document, so we plan on a short last call, ideally 3 weeks.
Please
SP> speak now if this is a problem. Role is already implemented in Firefox,
SP> and a number of other accessibility-related products.

SP> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-role/
SP> Latest draft: http://www.w3.org/MarkUp/2007/ED-xhtml-role-20070703/
Reading through the public draft, i have a number of comments. reading
through the editors draft, I see some changes (and also some wording that
will be cleaned up before publication, I assume [1].

Is it worth getting comments to you before last call starts, and thus
hopefully incorporated in the LC document?

[1] If the host language is not in the XHTML namespace, then elements that
use this attribute MUST does not incorporate the XHTML Role Attribute
Module attribute into its own namespace, the document MUST contain an
xmlns declaration for the XHTML Role Attribute Module namespace [XMLNAMES].

Grammar: s/MUST does not/MUST not/, semicolon suggested

If the host language is not in the XHTML namespace, then elements that use
this attribute MUST not incorporate the XHTML Role Attribute Module