[CURIEs] Examples still violate syntax

From: Henry S. Thompson <ht@inf.ed.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 12:45:29 +0000
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

The recently published CURIEs WD [1] refers to the 'ifragment'
production in the IRI grammar [2].  This production rules out several
of the examples given:

 home:#start
 #start
 ?foo=bar&amp;other=other#fragment

because '#' is not allowed in ifragment.

Working through the grammar from the IRI RFC, the following are the
characters which _are_ allowed in an ifragment:

!
$
&
'
(
)
*
+
,
- -
.
/
:
;
=
?
@
_
~
ALPHA
DIGIT
ucschar
pct-encoded

As I suggested in my previous comment, it seems to me that the
'irelative-ref' production is much more likely to be the one you want.

However note that ':' is allowed as part of both ifragment and
irelative-ref -- it follows that many strings of the form '...:...'
are ambiguous as CURIEs -- are they unprefixed, or prefixed?
Presumably you wish them to be interpreted as prefixed -- if so, you
need to say so.

ht

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/2007/WD-curie-20070307/
[2] http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3987.txt