Re: BPWG's comments on XHTML Basic 1.1 Editor's draft of 2006-11-01

From: Steven Pemberton <steven.pemberton@cwi.nl>
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2007 15:03:31 +0100
To: "Jo Rabin" <jo@linguafranca.org>, "Appelquist, Daniel" <Daniel.Appelquist@vodafone.com>
Cc: 'BPWG' <member-bpwg@w3.org>, "HTML Editor" <www-html-editor@w3.org>

Hi Jo,

Sorry for the delay in replying to this. Please note that comments on
XHTML Basic working drafts should be sent to www-html-editor@w3.org, to
ensure that they are correctly tracked. (I have added it as a CC to this
reply).

On Thu, 07 Dec 2006 18:21:21 +0100, Jo Rabin <jo@linguafranca.org> wrote:
> 4. Character Encoding Declaration
>
> We would appreciate clarification of how to determine the declared
> character
> encoding of an XHTML Basic 1.1 document.

I would like to draw your attention to a document that summarises this
admirably:
XHTML Media Types
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/

and in particular the section
http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-media-types/#text-html

I think this should answer your quesstions, but if it doesn't, please
don't hesitate to ask.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton