Re: [RDFa] issues meta/link outside of head and browsers implementation

Adding olivier Théreaux,

Le 13 févr. 2007 à 22:57, Ben Adida a écrit :
> Which brings up an important topic: validation. It would be good if we
> started a discussion on how it might be possible to extend HTML with
> extra attributes (and possibly elements, although we can start with
> attributes for now). This discussion must involve the validation team,
> since the biggest issue for RDFa is that: it breaks nothing in
> existing
> browsers, but it breaks the validator. How do we bridge that gap?
> How do
> we allow for valid HTML extensions without having to push out a new
> HTML
> recommendation?
>
> RDFa is, for the most part, a simple proposal. The process of
> getting it
> to validate is far too complicated by comparison.

May we (olivier and I) could publish a W3C Team Note with a
	XHTML + RDFa profile
ala An XHTML + MathML + SVG Profile [1]
Or maybe this Task Force could do it, though I'm not sure the
previous HTML WG would agree or the HTML CG.

I do not say that it is the right solution, I'm just exploring ideas
for now. :)
Olivier might jump in the discussion to say what he thinks.

[1]: http://www.w3.org/TR/XHTMLplusMathMLplusSVG/

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***