[RDFa] issues meta/link outside of head and browsers implementation

From: Karl Dubost <karl@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 22:46:59 +0900
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
To: public-rdf-in-xhtml task force <public-rdf-in-xhtml-tf@w3.org>

Hi,

Using the meta and link element outside of head might be a problem,
it is something which has to be discussed with XHTML 2.0 WG if/when
restarted. maybe something for HTML CG.

I'm talking for example about this kind of constructs where link or
meta are outside of head element

[[[
]]] -- RDFa Syntax
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/syntax/#id0x170d0cc0
Wed, 31 Dec 1969 15:00:00 GMT

I have been told on the whatwg mailing-list, that browsers (parsing
tag soup) put back the link and meta in the head element when parsing
the document. It might be a trouble because it is likely that
browsers will read XHTML 2.0 documents as tag soup if they do not
implement XHTML 2.0 or serve as text/html.

one possibility would be to create or use another element for this.
For example, data

      <data property="dc:creator">Mark Birbeck</data>

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***