[xhtml2] unclear distinction between em and strong

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <benjaminhawkeslewis@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 11:47:49 +0100
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

This is a comment for "XHTML 2.0"
8th WD

Extracted from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2006Sep/0030.html

May I please have a tracking of this comment.

I cannot understand the distinction the draft draws between <em>
("indicates emphasis for its contents") and <strong> ("indicates higher
importance for its contents than that of the surrounding content"). The
example doesn't help me: "On <strong>Monday</strong> please put the
rubbish out, but <em>not</em> before nightfall!" Please clarify this
distinction or drop <strong>.

Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis