[xhtml2] inadequate normative styling

From: Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis <benjaminhawkeslewis@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2006 10:47:57 +0100
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

Hi,

This is a comment for "XHTML 2.0"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/
2006-07-26
8th WD

Extracted from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html/2006Sep/0030.html

May I please have a tracking of this comment.

About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/xhtml2-style.html#a_stylesheet

Why aren't there suggested stylesheets for non-visual media too?

Can we require all user agents to distinguish somehow between *all*
structural and semantic components by default -- unless otherwise
specified by user preference or CSS? If so, would it be useful to
establish two class of components? With the first class (e.g. links),
user agents must make the semantics trivially accessible (e.g. blue and
underline).  With the second class, user agents may make the semantics
slightly more difficult to access (e.g. the user must right-click and
select properties) if this improves the overall user experience.

--
Benjamin Hawkes-Lewis