Re: [xhtml-role] Examples of a validating implementation

On Tue, 05 Sep 2006 15:37:54 +0200, Martin Kliehm <mak@bluemars.de> wrote:
> I really appreciate the extension of XHTML 1.1 with the role attribute
> module, I also had no trouble extending my DTD, alas as soon as I start
>   using the role attribute in XHTML code, W3C validation fails.

The W3C validator doesn't validate according to extended DTDs, only a
fixed number of standard DTDs. So that would explain why it complained.
You could try validating using some other system.

> So would appreciate if anybody has a working and validating real world
> implementation of this module - that's what Working Drafts promote,
> don't they?

So it sounds like you have a working implementation. You are just using
the wrong tools for validating...

> Also I wonder which channel is the best to receive any response? I
> mailed about 3-4 weeks ago to the working group members listed in the
> draft, then I mailed twice to the www-html list, and still haven't got a
> reply...

I looked: the www-html message got caught by a spam filter.
The other message got sent right in the middle of vacations, so apologies
for not sending an earlier response.

www-html would have been a good choice though.

Best wishes,

Steven Pemberton