[xhtml2] cite element

From: <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Aug 2006 03:27:53 -0000
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

Hi,
This is a QA Review comment for "XHTML 2.0"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/
2006-07-26
8th WD

About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/mod-text.html#edef_text_cite

	XHTML 2.0 would benefit of removing purely semantics elements in favor of property/role attributes. Though this said, the cite element has always been underdefined and it leads to many discussions between people using XHTML 2.0.
	Another example with a complete source and not just the title might help a bit.
	<cite cite=""></cite> is not very good for usability
	<source cite=""></source> would have been better. But we will not push this because we really think it should be handled by properties.

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***