[xhtml-role] Role attribute module and XHTML 2.0 Specification

From: <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:37:51 -0000
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

This is a QA Review comment for "XHTML Role Attribute Module"
1st WD

About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-role-20060725/#introduction

It is said in the introduction that
	"Note that this work was originally done as part of the [XHTML2] activity. It is being released in a separate, stand-alone module in order to speed its adoption and ease the migration to XHTML 2 when that is released."

But when we look at the publication of the [8th WD of XHTML 2.0][1], it seems that role attribute is also defined. We think it's dangerous for interoperability to have two sources defining the same feature. We will send a comment for XHTML 2.0 specification except if you consider this mail can be considered for XHTML 2.0 as well.

(btw it should be part of the status not the introduction, it is factual.)

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***