[xhtml-role] Role attribute module and XHTML 2.0 Specification

From: <karl@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2006 07:37:51 -0000
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

Hi,
This is a QA Review comment for "XHTML Role Attribute Module"
http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-role-20060725/
2006-07-25
1st WD

About http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml-role-20060725/#introduction

It is said in the introduction that
	"Note that this work was originally done as part of the [XHTML2] activity. It is being released in a separate, stand-alone module in order to speed its adoption and ease the migration to XHTML 2 when that is released."

But when we look at the publication of the [8th WD of XHTML 2.0][1], it seems that role attribute is also defined. We think it's dangerous for interoperability to have two sources defining the same feature. We will send a comment for XHTML 2.0 specification except if you consider this mail can be considered for XHTML 2.0 as well.

[1]:http://www.w3.org/TR/2006/WD-xhtml2-20060726/mod-roleAttribute.html#adef_roleAttribute_role

(btw it should be part of the status not the introduction, it is factual.)

   QA Weblog - http://www.w3.org/QA/
      *** Be Strict To Be Cool ***