Re: [XHTML 2] 25.2 role and QNames in attribute context (PR#7757)

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2006 01:32:44 +0100
To: "Shane McCarron" <xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com>, jim@jibbering.com
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

On Tue, 24 Jan 2006 17:23:28 +0100, Shane McCarron
<xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com> wrote:
> QNames are the way that the working group, and indeed the W3C, handle
> having
> data that comes from differing sources. The working group is not willing
> change course at this time.

The TAG finding I was able to find on this seems not really to promote
this in any way:

Especially given section 5 of that finding I don't think this is a good
way to solve the problem. Having browsers to implement support for XML
Schema in order to support supposedly simple features from XHTML 2.0 is
not really satisfactory.

Anne van Kesteren