Re: [XHTML 2] XHTML Family User Agents (PR#7768)

From: Shane McCarron <xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2006 16:18:15 -0600 (CST)
To: jim@jibbering.com
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

We have added a definition of the term user agent that is consistent with the
conformance requirements in the specification.  While other types of agents are
possible, we are not at this time defining profiles for those (e.g., XHTML
Print).  In the context of XHTML 2, a user agent is one that supports ALL of the
required features of the recommendation.