Re: Fwd: Requests for revising the XHTML 2.0 specification.

From: Anne van Kesteren <annevk@opera.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:47:17 +0200
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

On Tue, 04 Apr 2006 14:43:01 +0200, Steven Pemberton
<steven.pemberton@cwi.nl> wrote:
> 1. Please allow MIME type text/xml+xhtml in the XHTML 2.0 specification.

There is no such media type.

> 2. Please allow IFRAME in the XHTML 2.0 specification. Microsoft
> Internet Explorer treats the OBJECT tag as ActiveX which is disabled
> by me and many other web users for security reasons, and thus many
> webpages do not display properly. Many webmasters would prefer IFRAME
> in XHTML 2.0 compliant webpages.

Internet Explorer doesn't support XHTML. What's the point of importing
specific element names in a language that isn't backwards compatible or
supported anyway? <iframe> in XHTML 2.0, or <object> for that matter would
not work in Opera or Mozilla either...

--
Anne van Kesteren
<http://annevankesteren.nl/>