XFrames: duplication of effort?

From: Elliotte Harold <elharo@metalab.unc.edu>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2005 13:41:22 -0400
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

It is not obvious to me what XFrames does that is not accomplished by an
appropriate application of XLink, XInclude, CSS, and/or XSLT. If there's
something obvious I'm missing, I think it should be called out in the
spec. But otherwise, I think the existing technologies should be
leveraged rather than inventing something new.