Re: xhtml basic and script

From: Scott L. Holmes <scottlholmes@yahoo.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Aug 2005 13:20:14 -0700 (PDT)
To: Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo@kotikone.fi>
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

--- Osmo Saarikumpu <osmo@kotikone.fi> wrote:
> Scott L. Holmes wrote:
>
> > I like Basic 1.0 because it eliminates
> > presentational elements but I still need
> > scripting so my document doesn't quite
> validate
> > in my xml editor.
> >
> > Any tips would be greatly appreciated.
>
> I'd do it the simple way: use any DTD that
> suits without modification
> and don't use them nasty presentational
> elements. Voila!

I think I will do as you suggest. It's just that
I'd been looking for a good reason to use Basic
1.0 but it's perhaps better to wait to see what
comes out of the Compound Document Formats Group
or similar.

I did attempt what I suggested and it sort of
worked. So I might try again. I was hoping there
was a write up somewhere on how to eXtend our
loverly Xhtml language! - The modularization
document is a bit beyond me, I'm afraid - but
perhaps I'll look that over some more.

If anyone has any idea on this - or even where I
could find more info on the flat versions of the
DTD's I'd really appreciate it.

Scott