Re: Comment on XHTML2 WD: adding a "license" REL

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2005 21:56:58 +0100
To: Mike Linksvayer <ml@creativecommons.org>
Cc: Ben Adida <ben@mit.edu>, www-html-editor@w3.org, "Ralph R.Swick" <swick@w3.org>, Hal Abelson <hal@mit.edu>, tbaker@tbaker.de

Thanks for the background, much appreciated. I confess to having
not noticed (or remembered) the new terms in the dcterms vocab.

Given that we now have dcterms:license, is there really a case to create
a new property called xhtml2:license? One of Ben's reasons for
asking for 'license' to be included in XHTML2 was that cc:license might
give the impression that a CC license was being applied. If we
instead use dcterms:license, at least that worry goes away.

While it does involve declaring and using a namespace, there are
presumably other things in that namespace which might be useful
as XHTML2 metadata, so the effort of importing it needn't be
solely for CC-related purposes.

cheers,

Dan