Re: [XHTML 2] Embedding Attributes Examples

From: Lachlan Hunt <lachlan.hunt@lachy.id.au>
Date: Sun, 29 May 2005 13:36:49 +1000
To: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org, xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com

Jim Ley wrote:
> Dear HTML Working Group,
>
> The Example

> Is poorly chosen, as it cannot be styled in a way appropriate to both a
> raster PNG and a table,

Such issues are the domain of the stylesheet language.  The only reason
that example cannot be styled differently now is because CSS does not
yet provide a mechanism to select replaced elements.

> please change the example to something more appropriate:

I see no reason to change this semantically correct example with another
based on purely presentational reasons.

--
Lachlan Hunt
http://lachy.id.au/