[XHTML 2] 24.1.3 delay mp3 playing

From: Jim Ley <jim@jibbering.com>
Date: Sat, 28 May 2005 23:30:25 +0100
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Cc: <xhtml2-issues@hades.mn.aptest.com>

Dear HTML Working Group,

24.1.3 says
"Note that the MP3 file will be processed as soon as the object handler
interprets this object element declaration. It is possible to delay
processing of an object through the use of additional values defined within
the param element (described later). "

Nowhere later is it explained how to delay processing of an mp3 file, indeed
I can find no indication anywhere in the specification of how this could be
achieved.

Also I do not see why MP3 files are special that an XHTML 2 document
specifies a particular way of controlling the playback of them, please
either use SMIL for defining the playback behaviour of audio files or more
appropriately, simply leave it to implementations.

Regards,

Jim Ley