Re: HTML and XHTML FAQ

From: Anne van Kesteren <fora@annevankesteren.nl>
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2005 16:36:36 +0200
To: andre_ardent-www@yahoo.com.au
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org

Andrei Stanescu wrote:
> The word XHTML or XML is not mentioned in the section on 'overflow'
> or indeed anywhere else except the section on tables and the
> introduction. (I did a search on the entire specification)

Besides searching, reading might help. Especially when you are pointed
towards it.

<http://www.w3.org/TR/CSS21/visufx.html#overflow>

# HTML UAs may apply the overflow property from the BODY or HTML
# elements to the viewport.

It is expected that this section gets rewritten for a bit, but this is
certainly specific at the moment.

A future draft will probably say that in XML documents UAs may propogate
the 'overflow' property from the root element to the viewport or not
support it at all for the root element.

--
  Anne van Kesteren
  <http://annevankesteren.nl/>