Re: hr, fieldset, legend, sub, sup not to be removed XHTML Basic

From: Rimantas Liubertas <ic@rimantas.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Nov 2004 12:04:16 -0000
To: www-html@w3.org, www-html-editor@w3.org

<...>
Removing these tags from XHTML Basic is a BIG mistake. Don't you think so?
<...>

I don't. It is BASIC, if that's not enough you have more options to choose from.
If we begin to stuff back everything from XHTML strict to XHTML basic where
will the end be?

While I agree that legend, fieldset, sub and sup have semantic value I fail to
see it in hr. "Horisontal ruler" - can it be more presentational than this?

Regards,
Rimantas