id Attribue For script Tag

From: Grant Husbands <www-html-editor@grant.x43.net>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2004 20:01:50 +0100
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>

Hi,

I've recently been validating a document that has an id attribute on a
script tag. According to the XHTML 1.0 DTD, that seems to be valid.
According to the XHTML 1.1 DTD, it does not seem to be valid. However,
Appendix A in XHTML 1.1 does not list the removal of that id as a change
from XHTML 1.0. Also, two of the four validators that I've tried (Page Valet
and ARealValidator) claim that id isn't a valid attribute of script, anyway,
regardless of the XHTML DTD used (I've e-mailed the authors of those,
separately).

The id for the script in the page I'm validating is going to be removed,
because it's not very useful, but XHTML 1.1 would seem to be in error in
removing that attribute, according to its own appendix.

Or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Regards,
Grant Husbands.