W3C FAQ CSS question

From: Peter Young <peter@young.ch>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 13:53:01 +0200
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

Dear Sir

I have a question about CSS and am unsure to whom it should be addressed.

The issue is the resizing by several non-IEx browsers of text that is
specified in CSS to be fixed (px). Has thought been given to including an
font parameter "noresize"?

The problem is that menu layouts involving image elements get screwed up
because the images are not resized with the text. So it is with some
disappointment that I now have to revert to gif rollovers when the styling
requires anything more than simple text.

If there is a solution to the problem, I'd be interested to hear about it.

Yours sincerely
Peter Young
Switzerland