Re: Comments on Mod. of XHTML in XML Schema WD 3 October 2003 (PR#7259)

From: Subramanian Peruvemba (PV) <subramanian.peruvemba@oracle.com>
Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2004 12:07:51 -0800
To: gregor.karlinger@cio.gv.at
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org

Hi Gregor,
    See my inline comments to the issues you have had listed
Thanx
PV

> 1. Schema file xhtml-style-1.xsd, line 31
>
>    The attribute fixed="preserve" is not valid, since the original
>    specification of "xml:space" has set the default attribute.
>    Setting both the default and the fixed attribute is not allowed.
>
> 2. Schema file xhtml-blkphras-1.xsd, line 60
>
>    The same as 1.

Both items (1 & above) have been fixed.
The XHTML Schema modules no longer uses fixed="preserve" for xml:space
attribute references. The default for XHTML is also to preserve the
spaces (the default defined in xml.xsd)

> 4. Schema file xhtml-inlphras-1.xsd, line 70
>
>    There seems to be a cut'n'paste error. The type for element "cite"
>    is "dfn.type" but should be "cite.type", I guess.

This has been fixed.

> 5. Schema file xhtml-inlphras-1.xsd, line 87
>
>    The same as 4. for element code.

This has been fixed.