RE: Table HEIGHT attribute

From: Chris Moschini <cmoschini@myrealbox.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2003 17:40:46 -0500
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Cc: www-style@w3.org

This doesn't really answer the original question, as simply replacing the height attribute with CSS
height: 100%; will only help in browser "Quirks" modes.

Unfortunately Greg vertical centering is hell with CSS. A discussion of the problems involved is here.

http://hiveminds.w1.factorsofi.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?p=23954#23954

If you must have it, you should probably leave the table as-is. If you really want to use CSS, use the
solutions here:

http://www.wpdfd.com/editorial/wpd0103.htm#toptip

Some discussion of resolving this was brought up a while back on www-style, but I believe it died
without resolution.