From: Toby A Inkster [mailto:tobyink@goddamn.co.uk]
Sent: Friday, 28 March 2003 07:15
To: Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer
Cc: www-html@w3.org; www-html-editor@w3.org
Subject: Re: Feedback on XHTML 2.0 WD (20030131)

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 02:26:04PM +0100, Herr Christian Wolfgang Hujer
wrote:
| 4. XHTML 2.0 Document Type
| I'd like to see XHTML 2.0 also include MathML, not just XForms.
| (I know that's just a wish)

Would be nice. Perhaps, create two versions of XHTML2:

	* Standard
	* Enhanced

With "Enhanced" including support for SVG, MathML, etc. That way, people
can include more appropriate XML-based markups in their documents
without sacricifing that "Valid XHTML" button.

| About the footer suggestion: Though I like the idea, I'm against it
because it
| can be achieved with div and CSS.

etc... they can all be achieved with <div/>, <span/> and CSS.

| 7.3 The title element

I say get rid of the <title/> element altogether. Instead use <meta
name="Title"> or <meta name="DC.Title">. After all, why should <title/>
have its own element, but not other meta data?

| 8.9 headings
| I'd even not include h1-h6, not just deprecate them. Remove them. With
section
| and h, they're not required anymore.

Agreed. If you really want to preserve the old model as a fall-back,
then include a "level" attribute.

| Currently, Mosaic, Netscape / Mozilla and lynx are the only user agents I
know
| that process link elements other than those linking to stylesheets.
| But link is one of the most useful HTML elements ever since, I think.

Links, eLinks, Opera 5 for Mac, Opera 7 for any platform, Googlebot...

--
Toby A Inkster BSc (Hons) ARCS | mailto:tobyink@goddamn.co.uk |
pgp:0x6A2A7D39

Australia Post is committed to providing our customers with excellent service. If we can assist you in any way please either telephone 13 13 18 or visit our website www.auspost.com.au.

CAUTION

This e-mail and any files transmitted with it are privileged and confidential information intended for the use of the addressee. The confidentiality and/or privilege in this e-mail is not waived, lost or destroyed if it has been transmitted to you in error. If you have received this e-mail in error you must (a) not disseminate, copy or take any action in reliance on it; (b) please notify Australia Post immediately by return e-mail to the sender; and (c) please delete the original e-mail.