Re: xhtml2-datatypes-2.rng -- Possible semantic problem with Charset.datatype breaks Trang (PR#7337)

Thanks for your suggestion.

Actually I was wondering how far we would like to elaborate datatyping.
"Modularization of XHTML in XML Schema" didn't make heavy use of
built-in simple datatypes (e.g. "Charset" was just "xs:string"),
to which the XML Schema WG complained.  Characters allowed for
charset name are much restricted and we could elaborate that
restriction to some extent with regular expressions.  Do we want to
do this?

"Glenn A. Adams" <glenn@xfsi.com> wrote:

> <!-- possible fix -->
>       <data type="string">
> 	  <param name="pattern">[^\s](\s)*</param>
>       </data>
> <!-- end fix -->

If we really want to elaborate the Charset datatype, I don't think
the pattern should allow white space, at the very least "\S+" or
something.

It's "xhtml-datatypes-2.rng", not "xhtml2-datatypes-2.rng", BTW.

> [1] http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml2/relax_module_defs.html#a_rmodule_Datatypes
> [2] http://www.thaiopensource.com/relaxng/trang.html

Regards,
--