"errors" in XHTML 2 WD nr. 4

From: Rafael Gieschke <rafael@gieschke.de>
Date: Sun, 4 May 2003 23:11:19 +0200
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>

Hello dear all,

I have just discovered some more "errors" in XHTML 2 WD nr. 4
(xhtml2-20030131) (in addition to my previous post:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-html-editor/2003AprJun/0040.html):

Title, Abstract or Introduction

You should mention what the *acronym* ( ;-) ) XHTML stands for.
(see, e.g., XHTML™ 1.0: The Extensible HyperText Markup Language)

1.1 What is XHTML 2?

[...] with the possibility of extension using the *span and div elements* in
combination with stylesheets.

You can't extend XHTML 2 with  span and div elements, you must use the class
attribute, actually.

1.1.2. XHTML2 and Presentation

[...] since *CSS* can do more than the presentational elements [...]

You mention CSS only once in this section, the other times you use the more
generic term "stylesheets". I think in this sentence, CSS should be a
synonym to stylesheets as you don't mention any version (of CSS) at all. So
you should use "stylesheets" here, too, because other "stylesheets
languages" might also "do more than the presentational elements of HTML ever
did".

Yours
 Rafael Gieschke