Re: XHTML 1 schema annotations

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 05 Sep 2002 20:31:02 +0900 (JST)
To: Damien Guillaume <Damien.Guillaume@obspm.fr>
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org, w3c-html-wg@w3.org

Hello,

Thanks for your feedback.

Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org> wrote:

> I'm writing an XML editor, in which element annotations are displayed.
> However, it can only display element-related annotations when there is
> an explicit (i.e. xml) relation between the element definition and the
> annotation.
> Also, I think it would be conceptually better (by adding a meaning to
> the relationship element-annotation) to write for instance:

Yes, I agree.  The reason why those are written that way is to
preserve DTD comments.  These Schemas are trying to imitate the DTD
version as much as possible, including comments.  If I write a schema
from scratch, I certainly prefer the way you suggested.

> As a side note, I've been waiting for an XML schema for XHTML for a long
> time, so I'm glad it's finally there :-)

I'm glad to see we have a customer ;-), and sorry for the long delay.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium