XHTML Basic and XHTML1.1

From: Ʊ <ybiao@mail.hz.zj.cn>
Date: Sat, 12 May 2001 16:05:16 +0800
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Hi,

When I try to display the following sample from your page in IE5.5 I get the problems below:

Sample1:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
  <head>
    <title>Virtual Library</title>
  </head>

Error:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Parameter entity must be defined before it is used. Line 85, Position 2

%xhtml-prefw-redecl.mod;
-^
Sample2:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML Basic 1.0//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-basic/xhtml-basic10.dtd" >
  <head>
    <title>Virtual Library</title>
  </head>

Error:
The XML page cannot be displayed
Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.

Entity, EntityRef, PI, Notation names, or NMToken cannot contain a colon. Line 36, Position 16

<?IS10744:arch xhtml

What's going on?

ybiao@mail.hz.zj.cn