Re: possible error in modularisation of XHTML?

Hello,

Ian Richardson <ianrichardson@yahoo.com> wrote:

> "This module declares the anchor ('a') element type,
> which defines the source of a hypertext link. The
> destination (or link 'target') is identified via its
> 'id' attribute rather than the 'name' attribute as was
> used in HTML."
>
> However, the element attributes underneath do not list
> a 'target' attribute which would be used to specify
> the link target by ID.

The 'target' attribute is not part of the Hypertext Module (there is
an independent Target Module).  I think "link target" or "anchor"
would have been better to avoid confusion.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium