Problem in XHTML Spec

From: Jeremy Wadsack <jwadsack@wadsack-allen.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:18:54 -0700
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Cc: "Karim Nassar" <kan4@coruscant.cet.nau.edu>
I can't tell whether this is the address for comments on the Spec or
comments on the document describing the spec (if there's a distinction).
If this is the wrong address could you please forward it to the
appropriate parties?

In trying to validate some XHTML documents I have discovered what I
think is a problem in the spec: There is no "target" attribute in any of
the elements in the Strict set, only in those in the Frameset spec. Yet
you can't have a body element outside a noframes element in the Frameset
spec. Therefore it seems to be impossible to apply a target attribute
tom say, and 'a' element, in a page in a frameset -- the page can't be
Frameset spec because it contains no frameset and can't be Strict spec
because it contains 'target' attributes.

If I'm mistaken I would appreciate someone giving me a simple example of
a set of frameset documents that does validate for XHTML 1.0.

Thanks in advance,

--

Jeremy Wadsack
Wadsack-Allen Digital Group