hypertext links and css

From: Richard Dover <newtech@creatingfutures.com>
Date: Sat, 7 Apr 2001 09:42:57 -0700
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
I have a question that I thought you might be able to answer. If you don't
have an answer, do you know where I can go to get the answer.

I am using FrontPage 98.
I do not what to use frames.
I am using shared left borders. Here is what I want to do:

I want to have my hypertext links in the shared left border to not be the
same as the hypertext links in the main body.

In other words I want the active, visited, hover attributes to be different
in the shared left border than the body of the web page.

I know how to created different attributes. The problem is because the tags
a:visited, a:link are appearing the same in the border as the main page.
This could be solved with frames, but I don't want to use frames.

I know how to create different classes, but don't see a way to do it for
hypertext links commands.

Richard Dover