SUP and SUB

From: Tapio Markula <tapio1@gamma.nic.fi>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 10:49:18 +0200
To: www-html-editor@w3.org

To categorize matters is not easy and even W3C has some difficulties in it.
IF the original idea of HTML 3.0 Draft could be followed, SUP and SUB
should have OWN 'Inline Mathematical' group and that group could belong to
basic XHTML. The XML Math Language could be a logical extension to SUP and
SUB.

THIS might be the best solution?

Compare: BDO - Ruby as I18n elements
SUB/SUB + Math as 'Mathematical' elements.

The XML Mathematical language could be logical extension, but some of it
could belong to the basic DTD.
I categorize at this way here:
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Teaching/AttributesHTML30.html
and I put comments concerning this matter also to
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Teaching/Attributes.html - I explain the main
aims of the HTML 3.0 Draft.

the draft doesn't tell exactly, which are inline and block level elements,
and the list might have errors. HTML 3.0 Draft was fine trial - the basic
categorization of it today a valid base to XHTML.
Tapio Markula
I like
 __
____ Cascading
______ Style
______   Sheets

I have made something also with XML and XSL
E:mail: tapio.markula@nic.fi
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index.html (Finnish)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/index_e.html (English)
http://www.nic.fi/~tapio1/Opetus/ (CSS2)