Re: bug in HTML 4.01?

From: Ian Jacobs <ij@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2000 18:13:51 -0400
To: Tom Scavo <trscavo@bgnet.bgsu.edu>
CC: www-html-editor@w3.org
Tom Scavo wrote:

> I apologize in advance if this is the wrong place to send this query.
> Please forward, if necessary.  Thanks.
>
> Is it considered an error if more than one OPTION element has the
> SELECTED attribute set and the SELECT element has attribute SIZE="1"?

No. The size attribute describes the number of "visible" (i.e.,
rendered)
options. That number may be smaller than the total number of OPTIONS,
whether they are selected initially or not.

> Similarly, is it considered an error if a SELECT element has attributes
> MULTIPLE and SIZE="1"?

No.

Hope this helps,

 - Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783