Experience Report [2]: Modularization of XHTML

From: Sean Palmer <wapdesign@wapdesign.org.uk>
Date: Sat, 21 Oct 2000 10:52:07 +0100
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Dear HTML WG,
This is an implementation experience report in reply to the Modularization
of XHTML [http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml-modularization] specification going to
Candidate Recommendation:
"[2] Clearing up the Conformance Section of Modularization - Issues that
should be addressed before PR".

The conformance part of Modularization has become too complex for anyone to
follow: (section 3). I advise that it be folded into a simple list of easy
to follow points, with the following structure in mind:-
(1) Module Conformance
(2) Host Language Conformance
(3) Family Conformance

I propose this so that the validation of XHTML Modularization becomes a
possibility. It would also be helpful to add some notes on validation in the
Appendix (further to 1.3.4), to facilitate development.

Kindest Regards,
Sean B. Palmer
WAP Tech Info - http://www.waptechinfo.com/