Re: please use full URIs for sysids

From: Masayasu Ishikawa <mimasa@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 21 Sep 2000 02:26:13 +0900
To: gerald@w3.org
Cc: www-html-editor@w3.org
Gerald Oskoboiny <gerald@w3.org> wrote:

> I get regular reports like this of people having trouble with the
> W3C HTML validator:
		<snip/>
> because of the use of relative sysids in XHTML section 3:
>
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/REC-xhtml1-20000126/#normative
>
> can you please change these to be full URIs?

We are aware of the issue.  On the other hand, the validator should
work with relative sysids if there is indeed a copy of DTD on that
location, at least when validating by URI rather than file upload.

BTW, it seems there's a bug on file upload:

    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-validator/2000JulSep/0163

Actually this is not Amaya's problem, but the validator is doing
something wrong if there is an XML declaration.

Regards,
--
Masayasu Ishikawa / mimasa@w3.org
W3C - World Wide Web Consortium