RE: XHTML documents + XSL (or CSS) stylesheets

From: Simon St.Laurent <simonstl@simonstl.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Jul 2000 17:35:29 -0400
To: "Larry Masinter" <masinter@attlabs.att.com>, "Mark Baker" <mark.baker@canada.sun.com>
Cc: <mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp>, <www-html-editor@w3.org>, <dan@dankohn.com>
At 02:29 PM 7/26/00 -0700, Larry Masinter wrote:
>Forget I asked. What about the wording as I suggested it?

This looks fine to me: (I haven't changed it, just got rid of the >)
An XML document labelled as text/xml or application/xml might contain
namespace declarations, stylesheet-linking PIs, schema information,
or other declarations that might be used to suggest how the document
is to be processed. For example, a document might have the XHTML
namespace and a reference to a CSS stylesheet. Such document might
be handled by applications that would use this information to dispatch
to the appropriate processing.

'Might' seems to address the current situation perfectly, adding the right
amount of contingency throughout.

Simon St.Laurent