RE: XHTML documents + XSL (or CSS) stylesheets

At 07:53 PM 7/26/00 +0900, mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp wrote:
>I would propose something like this:
>
>  An XML document labelled as text/xml or application/xml may contain
>  namespace declarations, stylesheet-linking PIs, and schema
>  information among others.  For example, an XML document may have the
>  XHTML namespace and has a reference to a CSS stylesheet.  Such an
>  XML document may be handled by application programs, each of which
>  may relate to some of the namespaces, stylesheets, and schemata.
>  However, selection and invocation of such application programs is
>  outside the scope of this specification.
>
>How do you feel?

It's all true, and I see no problems with it, unless someone starts
shouting that selection and invocation belong in our spec.  I don't think
that will happen, however, and this provides a nice degree of cover.

>I think that we should revise the latest I-D soon.

I agree, though I think we have to wait until after this week's IETF
meeting to submit.

Simon St.Laurent