Re: Html40.pdf.gz corrupted?

Einar Westermann wrote:

> Could there be something wrong with the PDF version of the HTML 4.01 Specification (at
> http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/html40.pdf.gz)? It downloads at 2,8 MB, not 963 kB as indicated,
> and the archive seems to be corrupted.

1) The size of the gzipped PDF file is indeed 962329 bytes.
   When you gunzip this, the size is 3009579 bytes (3M). Which suggests
   that your configuration is unzipping it on the fly.

2) I just downloaded the file and gunzipped it locally (on a Linux box).
   I was able to view the first and last pages. This is no guarantee
   that it's 100% correct, but I think it's not entirely corrupt.

I recommend that you try to download again, and that you check
whether your browser is decompressing on the fly and what software
it's using to do so.

 - Ian

Tel:                         +1 831 457-2842
Cell:                        +1 917 450-8783