XHTML documents + XSL (or CSS) stylesheets

From: <mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp>
Date: Tue, 18 Jul 2000 18:37:20 +0900 (LMT)
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
cc: mark.baker@canada.sun.com, mmurata@trl.ibm.co.jp, masinter@attlabs.att.com, simonstl@simonstl.com, dan@dankohn.com

Consider an XHML docment labeled as text/xml or application/xml.  If
this XML document has a linking PI to an XSLT stylesheet, what will
happen?  Will the document be handled by the XSLT processor or XHTML
user agent?  In my understanding, the result is undefined.  IE 5.0(1)
invokes the XSLT processors.    In the case of CSS, I believe that
the XHTML user agent is invoked and it uses the CSS stylesheet
for rendering.

Cheers,

IBM Tokyo Research Lab / International University of Japan, Research Institute
MURATA Makoto (FAMILY Given)