XHTML Modularisation confusion re "INPUT type='button'"

From: Hugh Greene <hughg@owl.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 16:22:16 -0000
To: <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Hi there,

I realise that I've missed the end of the review period but I hope this is
useful anyway.

I noticed that in the XHTML Modularisation working draft, the description of
the Forms modules (section 4.5) and the corresponding part of the DTD
(section B.3.4), do not allow the value "button" for the "type" attribute of
the "input" element, which is different from HTML 4.01 and contradicts the
XHTML 1.0 DTD at <http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd>.

Is this a change to XHTML from HTML, or an error?

--
Hugh