XHTML 1.1 working draft and the OBJECT element

From: Jonny Axelsson <jonny@metastasis.net>
Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 23:18:30 +0100
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
As Metastasis isn't a member of the W3C, I apologize if I rehash any
"hidden" discussion on this subject. I was looking through the working
draft <http://www.w3.org/TR/2000/WD-xhtml11-20000105> and I can't see any
public discussion.

While XHTML is a move in the right direction in my opinion, there were one
change that caught me with surprise: What is the rationale for making
OBJECT "Unsupported", especially when the superfluous IMG element is kept
in the draft?

Baffledly yours,
Jonny Axelsson,Net Asset,
Metastasis design, Norway