errata, XHTML, http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1

From: redstart <redstart@attglobal.net>
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 07:18:34 -0500
To: www-html-editor@w3.org
Note that at

    http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1

section 3.1.1, item 4, the three DOCTYPE declarations all lack a
required
final quote mark before the closing bracket >

Those experimenting with the XHTML specification and using these
examples
via cut-and-paste will consistently get coding errors.

The strict DTD lacks provision for attribute "target" which is likely to

discourage many from ultimate transition to XHTML. I realize there may
well
be technical reasons for this that lie beyond my comprehension of the
specification.

I note that the XHTML 1.0 specification includes the named entity &apos;

which is lacking in the HTML 4.01 specification.

Regards.

   Mike Agnes
   redstart@redstart.com
   redstart@attglobal.net