Html Question/suggestion

From: Daly, Paul <Daly.Paul@tci.com>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 1999 10:51:25 -0700
To: "'www-html-editor@w3.org'" <www-html-editor@w3.org>
Will there be any control over the refresh of documents? This may be a
browser issue but, I am trying to develop Intranet web applications that
function more like traditional applications. In doing so I am doing back end
processing in a hidden frame. Any page reloading can stop the process before
it has completed.

I can do a work around but was wondering if there might be more control in
HTML 4.0 that allows for development that resembles traditional
applications.